Jump to Navigation

July 2016 Archives

Help caring for relatives of all ages

When we mention guardianships, most people know immediately that we are talking about a person who is not a parent taking charge of a minor or dependent to provide care or assistance. What many people don't realize is that this type of legal relationship also exists for older individuals who can no longer care for themselves. In those cases, the legal structure is called a conservatorship.

Three steps in trust administration

Many times, trusts are administered by professionals who are used to the task, but there are also cases when a family member or other trusted individual is placed in charge of a trust. This is especially common if a trust was set up to help ensure that a minor child or other dependent is taken care of in the event a parent or provider passes away. If you are suddenly thrust into the world of trusts, it can be confusing. Here are three common steps you'll need to take.

Contact Form

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.

Subscribe to this blog's feed


Suzanne P. Nicholl
6165 Greenwich Dr.
Suite 340
San Diego, CA 92122
Phone: 619-894-8552
Fax: 858-373-5556
Map and Directions

FindLaw Network